Don Gray, Sangamon County Clerk
Welcome from Sangamon County Clerk Don Gray
Welcome to the Sangamon County Clerk's vital records website. This site was developed in an effort to offer the most innovative payment options to citizens for Sangamon County records retrieval. We hope you find this service easy and convenient to use.
Under Illinois State law (410 ILCS 535), only specific individuals have legal access to birth, death, civil union, and marriage records. Our office will issue certified copies to authorized individuals only. Access to birth records is limited to the individual whose birth record it is, or his or her legal parent or guardian.
FEES FOR PLACING AN ORDER ON LINE:
- All transactions will include a service fee of 2.35% or $1.00 minimum.
- Birth/Marriage/Civil Union Records are $25.00 for the 1st copy and $7.00 for each additional of the same record
- Death Records are $29.00 for the 1st copy and $11.00 for each additional of the same record
- All fees paid are non-refundable once the order is placed.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO ORDER A BIRTH, DEATH, MARRIAGE OR CIVIL UNION RECORD :
- Click on the type of record/service you are requesting from the list below.
- Complete the required information on the screens that follow.
- A confirmation page will be emailed to you right after you successfully complete the transaction.
- Print the confirmation page and sign and date the 2nd page.
- Take a picture of your ID with a smartphone or scan the ID.
- Email the picture or the scanned image of your ID to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acceptable ID includes:
- Valid Driver’s License, State Issued ID, Military ID or Passport (ID cannot be expired)
IF YOU HAVE ANY DIFFICULTIES AT ALL WITH THIS PROCESS PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE DIRECTLY AT (217)753-6700 OR AT VITALRECORDS@CO.SANGAMON.IL.US FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS!
PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS ABOVE BEFORE CONTINUING WITH YOUR ORDER!
|Payment Type (Please click the link below to make a payment.)||We Accept|
|Civil Union Records|