Welcome to the Champaign County Clerk's vital records order website. In an effort to offer the most innovative payment options to the citizens of Champaign County, I hope you find this service easy and convenient to use.
Under Illinois State law (410 ILCS 535), only specific individuals have legal access to birth, death, civil union, and marriage records. Our office will issue certified copies to authorized individuals only.
- Should a record not be found in our files; all fees are non-refundable.
Please note, this office has records dating back to the dates listed below:
Birth - 1878 Civil Union - 2011 Marriage - 1833 Death - 1878
- Our office only accepts Vital Record requests for events that occurred in Champaign County, Illinois.
- You must fax or email clear and legible copies.
- All the required information must be received by the Champaign County Clerk before your records will be released.
Required information includes:
- a copy of your confirmation page
- your proper identification
- Any other necessary documentation.
- You must also receive a confirmation number back from E-Pay to verify your credit card was properly processed.
- A valid email address in order for us to communicate with you.
Requesting a copy of a vital record is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Click on the type of vital record you are requesting from the list below.
- Complete the required information on the screens that follow. You will receive a confirmation number once the transaction is successful.
- Print the confirmation page.
- Place your photo identification, which displays your signature, on the confirmation page and make a photocopy or scan, then sign, date, and fax, or scan and email the form to the Champaign County Clerk at (217) 384-1241 or email@example.com.
There will be a Service Fee charge of 2.35% or $1.00 minimum for using this system. The fee is not charged by the Champaign County Clerk.
Certificates will be sent via regular mail at no charge, or you may request FedEx or USPS Priority mail delivery options at an additional cost. No Saturday delivery available. For International shipping destinations, please call our office at: (217) 384-3720.
F.A.Q.'s (Frequently Asked Questions) - designed to answer questions that may arise through the vital request process. These may also be found under the help sections.
|Payment Type (Please click the link below to make a payment.)||We Accept|